Indianapolis, IN asked in Criminal Law for Indiana

Q: What would be the best way to pull and view dockets from an old e-filing. filed in prison, can no longer access account.

Plaintiff / Appellant: xxxx

Defendant / Appellee: STATE OF INDIANA, Attorney General

Case Number: 21-3013

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To view dockets from an old e-filing when you cannot access your account, you should contact the clerk of the court where the case was filed. They can provide guidance on how to access public records. In some jurisdictions, court documents can be accessed online through a court's case management system; in others, you may need to request documents in person or via mail.

Additionally, you may need to provide specific details about the case, such as the case number, the names of the parties involved, and the year it was filed. If there are barriers due to the account being inaccessible, the clerk's office might have alternative solutions for retrieval. It may also be helpful to explain your situation—that you filed while in prison and now lack access to the original e-filing account.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.