Huntsville, AL asked in Civil Litigation for Alabama

Q: I got sued by a company for a car wrap job and was told that I have to give their money back

I lost the case and have been having to pay the people back over the past year. I drove past their place the other day and noticed that they still have the wrap on their vehicle, so do they get their money back and get to have the wrap also? Or do I get to take them back to court and sue them for whatever? Basically they get their cake and get to eat it to. They were supposed to remove the wrap. But they haven’t. They have used my wrap for financial gain while I have to pay them

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you lost a lawsuit and were ordered to pay restitution, the judgment should have outlined the terms, including any action required regarding the car wrap. If the terms included removal of the wrap and the company has not complied, this could potentially be a violation of the judgment's conditions. It's important to review the original judgment to understand the specific requirements.

You may have grounds to bring this issue before the court if the other party is not adhering to the order. You should gather evidence that the wrap is still in use and consult with a lawyer to discuss the potential for filing a motion to enforce the judgment or for other legal remedies. Remember, legal actions often depend on the precise language of the court order and the specific facts of the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.