Asked in Banking, Contracts and Entertainment / Sports for Tennessee

Q: I am wanting to find out if any entertainment contracts have been fraudulently signed in my name or who approved the use

Of my insinuated self through the Kardashian -Jenner family and the Ozboure's family on TV shows and CNN etc. How do I find out if such contracts exists

2 Lawyer Answers
David H. Relkin
David H. Relkin
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Manhasset, NY

A: You should retain counsel to demand copies of all contracts. You have your suspicions about fraud and you should discuss the facts underlying these suspicions with counsel. Your prior contracts should be provided to counsel to review to identify to whom such demands should be made.

Kirk Theodore Schroder
Kirk Theodore Schroder pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Entertainment & Sports Law Lawyer
  • Washington, DC

A: To investigate whether entertainment contracts have been fraudulently signed in your name, or to find out who authorized the use of your implied self in connection with the Kardashian-Jenner and Osbourne families on TV shows and networks like CNN, you should take the following steps:

Contact an Entertainment Lawyer: Engage a specialized attorney who has experience in entertainment law. They can guide you through the legal process, including how to investigate potential fraud or unauthorized use of your likeness.

Review Your Records: Check your personal records for any contracts or agreements you may have signed or been involved with.

Demand for Information: Your attorney can send a formal demand to the parties involved (TV networks, production companies, etc.) requesting disclosure of any contracts or agreements that feature your name or likeness.

Legal Action: If there is evidence of unauthorized use or fraud, your lawyer can advise on legal actions such as cease and desist letters, lawsuits for infringement of rights, or claims for damages.

Remember, each case is unique and will depend on the specific circumstances and evidence available.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.