Dallas, TX asked in Consumer Law for Kansas

Q: Bought car from dealer, found out today that they lied about it not having any mods, warranty is voided. Help!

2015 Subaru WRX STI.

Eddy Chrysler Dealership Wichita, KS.

Already paid for some repairs.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: When purchasing a vehicle that was represented as unmodified, and you later discover modifications that affect the warranty, it's crucial to assess the situation thoroughly. Begin by examining the purchase agreement and any statements made by the dealership regarding the condition of the car. Document all evidence, including the dealer's advertisements, written communications, and any verbal assurances.

If it appears the dealership deliberately misled you about the car's condition, you might have grounds for legal action based on misrepresentation or breach of contract. Reach out to the dealership to address the issue, as they may be willing to rectify the situation to avoid legal disputes.

Should the dealership refuse to cooperate, your next step may involve consulting with a lawyer to explore potential remedies, which could include demanding a repair, rescission of the purchase, or compensation. It's essential to retain all documentation related to the car's repairs and your interactions with the dealer. The application of laws can vary significantly by state, making it important to get advice tailored to Kansas's specific legal framework.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.