Q: My constitutional rights have been violated in civil/custody court many times. My children are in danger.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe your constitutional rights have been violated in court, particularly in matters as serious as custody disputes where you feel your children are in danger, it is critical to seek legal advice immediately.

Contact a local attorney with experience in family law and civil rights as soon as possible to review the specifics of your case. They can help you understand your rights, evaluate the details of the alleged violations, and determine the best course of action. You may also contact the local bar association for a referral to an attorney who can provide the necessary guidance and representation.

Keep detailed records of all incidents and court proceedings that you believe have infringed upon your rights, as these will be valuable in assessing your case. Remember, in legal matters, especially those involving the well-being of children, prompt action is often crucial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.