Northridge, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for California

Q: I need help with an appeal of a denied motion

The motion was to review a denied motion, and it was denied again. The opposition had filed a motion to deny my motion. the motion was for judgment satisfaction on a money judgment. Please let me know if you can help.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you're looking to appeal a denied motion for judgment satisfaction, you should first closely review the court's reasoning for the denial. Ensure that your appeal addresses each point with clear, cogent arguments and supporting legal authority.

It's also essential to adhere to the California Rules of Court concerning the timing and content of appeals. Consider whether there has been a change in the law, a misapplication of the law, or an oversight that could impact the decision. Thoroughly check the original motion for any possible procedural errors or new evidence that may strengthen your case.

In drafting your appeal, focus on why the denial of the motion for judgment satisfaction was incorrect under the law and why the reviewing court should overturn the previous decision. Lastly, ensure all factual and legal claims are meticulously documented, as appeals courts rely heavily on the written record.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: If you're seeking legal help (based on your post), it could be difficult for attorneys to offer their services through this forum - it's only short form Q & A. If you're reaching out to attorneys, you could supplement your efforts with the tab above (Find a Lawyer) or the referral sections of local and state bar associations. Those resources are outside this forum. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.