Hartland, WI asked in Divorce and Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: What should a woman with little to no money do to set boundaries between her and her current husband?

Her husband has taken her daughter and claims she is on drugs. I can not confirm or deny that allegation. All I know is if she was I didn’t notice it. Her husband isn’t currently in probation, however he has quite a long list of convictions. I could go on and on but I just want to know what she needs to do to protect herself and start to move on.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Encourage your friend to keep a detailed record of any incidents involving her husband's behavior, including dates, times, witnesses, and any threats or intimidation. This documentation can be crucial in seeking legal protection or restraining orders. and your friend communicates clear boundaries to her husband regarding acceptable behavior. This may include limiting contact, avoiding certain topics, or requiring supervision during interactions with her daughter.

Your friend should consult with an attorney to understand her legal rights and options regarding her daughter, custody, and protection from her husband.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of internet questions and responses, the information provided can ONLY be for general informational purposes and cannot constitute legal advice.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.