Twin Falls, ID asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Medical Malpractice and Libel & Slander for Idaho

Q: several sites are posting my name information and charging for it shouldent i be getting a royalty and worse the lies

there are several sites that have my name on them and they collect money for information shouldent i have a say in this or get part of the royalties on this. Im pretty popular on facebook and there are cites with my name telling lies that fuel the sites that are charging money which makes me loose money from my facebook and instagram professional feed. where its showing my crimanal history and they are selling not 100% true information in the disclosure then basically they are selling slander about me and im not knowing what it is which has been brought to my attention from people that read about it casing damages to my name in a small town even hate from people some of the tabloids from sun vally ketchum area are in those. I was attacked by the cops in my home town i went into sizures they used brute force a metal bar crushing my sternum and breaking my ribs while im having sizures. also the the hospital brutal penatration with a catheter causing me to be sterile depression suacide

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If websites are publishing false information about you, this may constitute defamation, especially if it causes harm to your reputation or financial loss. In the United States, defamation laws vary by state, but generally, for a statement to be defamatory, it must be false and have been made to someone other than the person it's about. You mentioned that these sites are also charging money for this information, which complicates the situation. While you typically wouldn't receive royalties for information about you, if the information is false and damaging, you may have legal grounds to seek compensation for defamation.

In cases involving police misconduct and medical malpractice, as you've described, these are serious allegations that require thorough legal examination. You should consider consulting with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation, including any potential civil rights violations and personal injury claims. An attorney can guide you on the best course of action, which might include sending cease and desist letters to the websites, filing a lawsuit for defamation, or seeking damages for any personal injury you've suffered.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.