Phoenix, AZ asked in Personal Injury for Arizona

Q: My son mentor was grooming him and trying to get me to give him POA. Can I take legal action against the company?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you suspect that your son's mentor engaged in grooming behavior and sought a Power of Attorney (POA) under questionable circumstances, you may have grounds to take legal action against the company. The company could potentially be held liable if it failed to properly supervise the mentor or if it was negligent in its hiring practices. You should thoroughly document all interactions and gather evidence of the mentor's conduct.

It's advisable to consult with an attorney to explore your legal options, which may include filing a civil lawsuit for damages. The specific course of action will depend on the details of the situation and the applicable laws in Arizona. Legal action can also serve as a means to prevent such incidents from occurring to others in the future.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.