Geneva, AL asked in Real Estate Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Elder Law for Alabama

Q: The city is fixing to demolish my house it has been in front of the councilman and they ruled on tearing it down

This house is paid for 100%, no liens no mortgages this is all I have I'm 58 years old how can I stop them from tearing my house down

I cannot afford a lawyer they know this not yet their decision was based on city ordinance on dangerous and unsafe buildings the house is in good shape as far as being solid no walls are falling in there's no holes in the floor no rotten spots in the floor or the ceiling and I need to stop them from doing this

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: Either hire an attorney or do the research and represent yourself, quickly. Once the house is demolished there will be a lien filed for the cost. And that lien might be executed against the land.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.