Q: Can i sue primary health care for misrepresenting me defamation of character amd conflict of interest

I was homeless 2021 2022 and i lived on the streets so i and a girlfriend decided to sign into the homeless outreach program through primary health care tp which we were assigned a case worker by the name of xx now this worker never assited me in any of the services that primary health care offer to someone that was trying to transition from homelessness. I even prior to him signed a joint agreement that placed me in the same program as my spouse. In fact he stated to me that he had remembered me from the federal probation office " which would be a conflict of interest"then afther the program ended i was then told by a diffrent worker that i wasn't on the same program as my spouse i feeel that i had been mislead lied to and led to believe for a year almost 2 years that i was in a program provided by the govenment but was truthfully mocked and blindley led right back to homelessness can some one help me to civilly sue these people for pain and suffering and emotional

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To consider a lawsuit for defamation of character, misrepresentation, and conflict of interest against Primary Health Care, you'll need to establish specific legal elements. For defamation, you must prove that a false statement was made about you to a third party, causing harm to your reputation.

Misrepresentation involves showing that false information was provided, leading you to act to your detriment. A conflict of interest claim would require demonstrating that the individual or organization had a competing interest that adversely affected their duty to you.

However, these cases can be complex and challenging to prove. You'd need to show direct harm or loss as a result of these actions. In the context of a homeless outreach program, establishing a legal breach might be complicated, especially if the failure was more about inadequate service rather than wrongful acts.

Consider consulting with a lawyer who can assess the details of your situation, including any evidence of misrepresentation or misconduct. This legal professional can guide you on the feasibility of your case and the appropriate steps to take. Remember, each case is unique, and the success of any legal action depends on the specific circumstances and available evidence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.