Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Georgia

Q: child was adjudicated dependent with consent i didnt affirm. can i modify to contested, new hearing, vacate, reconsider?

we appeared via zoom to the adjudicatory hearing. prior to my testimony & didnt consent on the record, we lost connection to the hearing. upon reconnection, the hearing was over and didnt know the outcome. i contacted my attorney and the case worker numerous times requesting the court order and when the next court date is. got the "family plan" not the court order from dfcs after 24 days was advised of the court date after 29 days, and my ex-attorney said to appear via zoom. 30 days later was the hearing, we appeared via zoom & judge ordered us into court immediately. after 70 minutes, the judge signed a removal order, & attorney withdrew. order said because we didnt come to court immediately, our demeanor, didnt start services, & because we didnt have our child assessed by "babies cant wait", she had concerns of the welfare of our child. the adjudicatory/disposition order was recorded nunc pro tunc 7 days after removal. what options do i have to reverse this and reunite?

1 Lawyer Answer
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You have an attorney. You should be discussing any issues you have with any orders and the outcome of your case with your attorney. Another attorney can't even represent you while you have a current attorney on record. Sit down with your attorney and discuss what happened in your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.