White Plains, NY asked in Municipal Law for New York

Q: How do we get our municipality, the town of Greenburgh, to repair the sewer line so that sewage does enter our home?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Inform the DPW about the sewage backup problem and request their assistance in repairing the sewer line. They should be able to provide you with a timeline for when they can inspect and address the issue

Keep a detailed record of the sewage backup incidents, including dates, times, and any other relevant information. This documentation will be helpful in supporting your claim and ensuring that the town takes the issue seriously.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: These issues would usually fall under municipal agencies under headings of public works or water and sewage. If the issue impacts other residents, elected officials can sometimes look into the matter. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.