Oklahoma City, OK asked in Car Accidents for Michigan

Q: My friend was hit in accident which hit another car truck drove off. Now my auto insurance progress wants to cancel and

Friend borrowed my truck. Accident now since live in midland and stay Gladwin sometimes progressive is sending my premiums back and saying no insurance for accident

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Michigan attorney should advise here, but your question remains open for two weeks. If the accident is being denied, and you had coverage in effect at the time, you should consider trying to arrange a free initial consult with an attorney. Ordinarily, the other truck driving off and leaving the scene of the accident could give you the grounds for a UM (uninsured motorist claim), but you have more going on here than is possible to offer you complete step-by-step instructions for. A Michigan attorney could advise more definitively after reviewing your file, your coverage, and the details of the incident. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.