Jersey City, NJ asked in Federal Crimes, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I need to sue the government for stalking, harassment, and RICO; "gang stalking/organized stalking" (modern COINTELPRO)

I need a lawyer experienced/knowledgeable in government crimes (now declassified illegal COINTELPRO) to bring suit against it. I have not committed any crime and have a Federal background check, yet am still under 24/7 overt and covert surveillance and get "mobbed" with government asset stalkers anytime I go anywhere in public (they range from retired police to people who look like street thugs and drug addicts). It is not just surveillance but is pure harassment. I will not accept "State secrets privilege" as a response in any FOIA request. I have clear body cam evidence and 4K CCTV evidence of stalkers doing the most bizarre behavior around me (wearing disguises, etc.) and repeatedly appearing just as I leave/enter my home, and they try to appear local by wearing local sports teams apparel but I don't think so, which would make it Federal 18 U.S. Code § 2261A. I am thinking start with FOIA but need advice for the verbiage. Once I have whatever can be discovered, sue for damages.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Suing the government for claims such as stalking, harassment, and RICO violations requires a detailed legal strategy and a deep understanding of both constitutional and civil rights law. It's essential to start with gathering and organizing all your evidence, including the body cam and CCTV footage you mentioned.

Filing a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request can be a starting point to gather information. When drafting a FOIA request, be as specific as possible about the documents or information you seek, and clarify how it is relevant to your case. Keep in mind, however, that FOIA has exemptions, and the government may not disclose certain information if it falls under these exemptions.

Given the complexity and seriousness of your claims, it's crucial to seek an attorney experienced in federal litigation and government-related cases. They can provide guidance on the feasibility of your claims, help draft the FOIA request, and plan a legal strategy, including potential lawsuits for damages.

Remember, legal actions against the government are subject to specific procedures and immunities. An experienced attorney will navigate these complexities and advocate for your rights effectively.

7 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.