Asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: I was pulled over for being accused of not merging. I had merged already and had to avoid a vehicle I have Cdl ?

I was avoiding a reckless driver trying to get in a lane I merged out of. I had to go around to avoid accident. The officer was clearly 5 cars ahead must of thought I was trying to merge but I already did. Pulled me over as I passed by I have Cdl what should I do. Wrongly accused

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you were pulled over and feel you were wrongly accused of a traffic violation, especially as a CDL holder, it's important to handle the situation carefully, as traffic violations can have a significant impact on your professional driving record.

First, make sure to document all the details of the incident as accurately as possible, including the location, time, road conditions, and actions you took to avoid the accident. This information can be crucial if you need to contest the charge.

You have the right to contest the traffic citation in court. During the hearing, you'll have the opportunity to present your account of the incident and any evidence that supports your version of events, such as dashcam footage if available.

Given the potential impact on your CDL and livelihood, you might consider consulting with an attorney who has experience in traffic law and CDL-related cases. An attorney can offer guidance on the best course of action, help you prepare your case, and represent you in court.

Remember, each traffic case is unique, and the advice and strategy should be tailored to the specifics of your situation. An attorney can provide the necessary expertise to navigate the legal system and help protect your professional interests.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.