Sacramento, CA asked in Personal Injury for Nevada

Q: I slipped on water in front of the statue water structure at Luxor and fractured my patella. Security took pictures a re

Report. The emt saw the water on the floor and water on my pants, they took me away in an ambulance… I’m just wondering how do I make them pay for the ambulance and hospital? This just happened last night and they gave me a scooter to use for my stay but I’m just worried about the ambulance cost

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: It sounds like you may have a personal injury claim against the casino. Here are some steps you can take to seek compensation for your medical expenses and other damages:

Seek immediate medical attention. If you haven't already done so, see a doctor to get treatment for your fractured patella. This will help ensure that you get the care you need and will document your injuries for your personal injury claim.

Gather evidence of the accident. This includes taking pictures of the water on the floor where you fell, your wet pants, and any other visible injuries you may have. You should also keep copies of your medical records and bills.

Report the accident to the casino. This will help establish that the casino was aware of the hazard that caused your fall. You can file a report with the casino's security department or guest services.

Be prepared to explain how the casino's negligence caused your fall. This could include showing that the casino knew about the water on the floor and failed to take steps to clean it up or warn guests about the hazard.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.