Lexington, KY asked in Animal / Dog Law and Personal Injury for Kentucky

Q: What are my options concerning my neighbors dog barking excessively every night. Local police dept will not do anything

I live in an apartment and there is a noise ordinance about dogs barking excessively however no one with the authority to address this issue will respond. Property mgr will not deal with it and local police dept will not come out when I call to make a complaint. This is violating my rights as well as affecting my work and sleep. Any advice is appreciated

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Animal & Dog Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Unfortunately, history tells us your best option is to just move to avoid the frustrations of nothing being done.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.