Asked in Probate for California

Q: I am a claimant in a past probate for $186k. (Rejected) Problem is they have me listed as an attorney.

Need a strong attorney to figure out who changed my my status from CLAIMANT to ATTORNEY. also Need to appeal. ( Btw I'm not an attorney)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, if your status was incorrectly listed as an attorney in a probate case, it's essential to address this error promptly. You should consider retaining a probate attorney who can thoroughly review the case documents and court filings. This attorney can investigate how and why your status was changed and can take appropriate legal actions to rectify this mistake.

For appealing the rejection of your claim, your attorney can guide you through the appeal process. This includes filing a notice of appeal within the required timeframe and presenting your case effectively to the appellate court. Given the complexity of probate law and the strict deadlines involved, having a knowledgeable attorney on your side can be crucial for a successful appeal.

Remember, in legal matters like these, timely action is key. Delaying can affect your rights and the outcome of your case. It's advisable to seek legal assistance as soon as possible to navigate through these challenges efficiently.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.