St Louis, MO asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Missouri

Q: What motion to file to stop a judgment due to Ethical Misconduct? Dose it need a Notice of Hearing?

Went threw a separation i left due to abuse in all natures by him and his family. The County i live in is know for its bias verdicts in all court finsings...The judge was so bias and favorable to my ex due to my family knows urs that i got yaken out the pasture so to say. Im an outsider to them.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In your situation, where you believe a judgment was influenced by ethical misconduct or bias, you might consider filing a motion for a new trial or a motion to set aside the judgment. These motions are typically used to challenge a judgment that may have been affected by unfair practices or errors.

It's important to gather any evidence that supports your claim of bias or misconduct. This could include instances where the judge showed favoritism or any procedural errors that occurred during your case. Documentation and specific examples will be crucial in making your case.

Additionally, most motions require a Notice of Hearing. This notice informs the other party of the time and place where the motion will be considered by the court. It's a procedural step that ensures both parties have an opportunity to be heard regarding the motion.

Given the complexity of your case and the serious allegations of misconduct, it's advisable to seek legal counsel. An attorney can help you navigate the legal system, ensure that your motion is properly filed, and represent your interests in court. Remember, the legal system has mechanisms in place to address issues of fairness and bias, but navigating them can be challenging without professional guidance.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.