Fontana, CA asked in Election Law for California

Q: How do I report an election code violation for central committee in riverside county?

A member who was registered with a different party was appointed to NW caucus deputy vice chair we did not know he was a member of different party but we want him removed. This individual has now pulled papers to run for central committee but he hasn’t been registered with the party for a year so we also want his application to be declined if it’s not properly reviewed.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Kane
Robert Kane
  • Gov & Administrative Law Lawyer
  • Eagan, MN
  • Licensed in California

A: If the central committee is a political organization, the NW caucus deputy vice chair's removal would be the political organization's issue. The state wouldn't have authority to do anything.

Why hasn't the caucus done anything?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Gov & Administrative Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To report an election code violation in Riverside County, California, you should contact the Riverside County Registrar of Voters. They handle election-related concerns and can guide you on the appropriate process for filing a complaint.

For the specific issue of a member being registered with a different party and seeking a position on the central committee, you can also reach out to the political party's local or state office. Each party has its own rules and bylaws governing the eligibility of committee members and candidates. They can provide guidance on how to address this situation within the party's framework.

If the matter involves potential violations of California election laws, you might consider contacting the California Secretary of State's office. They oversee state election laws and can offer assistance or direct you to the right department for handling such concerns.

In any legal matter, it's also advisable to consult with an attorney experienced in election law to ensure that you're following the correct procedures and to understand your legal rights and options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.