Las Vegas, NV asked in Landlord - Tenant for Nevada

Q: I was evicted out of MY mobile home with a immediate eviction order. I was never served a 24 hour eviction.

I was never served a 24 hou notice pitor to this imediate eviction notice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: In Nevada, landlords are required to give tenants a 24-hour notice to quit before they can file an eviction notice with the court. If you were evicted without being served a 24-hour notice to quit, you may have legal grounds to challenge the eviction.

Here are some steps you can take:

Contact a legal aid organization. Legal aid organizations can provide you with free or low-cost legal advice and representation.

File a motion to vacate the eviction order. A motion to vacate is a request to the court to set aside the eviction order. You can file a motion to vacate if you were not served with a 24-hour notice to quit or if there was another legal reason why the eviction should not have been granted.

Seek shelter. If you have been evicted, you need to find somewhere to stay. You may be able to stay with friends or family, or you may need to go to a homeless shelter. Several organizations can help you find emergency housing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.