Louisville, KY asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Kentucky

Q: Missed court for a criminal summons & another court date for assault 4 dom. Can I get them redocketed and avoid arrest

Criminal summons was for a car accident where my ex had cancelled the insurance policy on me shortly after the wreck so that it didn’t count on her insurance and I would get stuck with everything. I was unaware this had happened and I thought I was covered. I missed the court date to it due to no transportation. I’m currently unemployed with no car and technically homeless staying with friends or in a tent sometimes. The court was in Pulaski co which is 100 miles from were I have been residing in Louisville ky

Assault 4 dom

My ex and I had been arguing most of the day she was supposed to be taking me back to Louisville from somerset after she got off work. As the workday ended she began to get more irate with me leading to her screaming telling me to kill myself & demanding start walking with no phone or any of my possessions or tools for work I was very emotional and sobbing before I left I tried to hug her while crying and her daughter thought I was hurting her. I left. Missed CD

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Hire a lawyer to redocket them immediately and recall warrants and you can probably avoid being arrested.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.