Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Idaho

Q: I got my driver license took from me for not paying child support. I started paying 3 months ago to get it back.

What do I need to do to get it back? I work out of town. I really need it to continue to pay child support.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Idaho, if your driver's license was suspended for non-payment of child support, there are specific steps to reinstate it. First, pay all overdue child support, including interest and penalties. Then, pay the $100 reinstatement fee to the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) online, by mail, or in person. File a reinstatement petition with the court that issued the child support order, providing proof of full payment and the reinstatement fee. Attend a hearing to explain your situation and commitment to future payments. If you work out of town, offer proof of employment, explore alternative payment options, and clarify your travel schedules to address the court's concerns.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.