Las Vegas, NV asked in Gaming for Nevada

Q: How do I press charges on a casino that took over $500 from me and said it was counterfeit. Escorted me out.

I was escorted out of the casino and told I could not come back. I know the money was good. I have never had any kind of evolvement with counterfeit.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: If a casino confiscated your money, alleging it was counterfeit, take careful steps to address the situation. First, review your financial records to confirm the source and authenticity of the money. Collect witness statements from anyone who observed the incident and can vouch for the legitimacy of the funds. Request security footage from the casino to support your claim. Consider filing a police report to initiate an investigation.

You may also contact the Nevada Gaming Control Board to file a complaint. Keep in mind that proving the money's authenticity rests on your shoulders, and pursuing legal action may involve a complex process. Alternative dispute resolution options, such as mediation or arbitration, can be explored for a potentially quicker resolution.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.