Scappoose, OR asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Oregon

Q: I wrecked my car because the bridge work done on a county road is unsafe. How do I find out the responsible party

This road is traveled very little and I’m assuming at some point they had some patch work done on the End of the bridge. But when traveling at the suggested speed of 55 at the end of the bridge the patchwork throws you in to the right shoulder in my case hit gravel and spun my car out. Broke my face hurt my back and totaled my car.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oregon attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. You could reach out to local attorneys to try to arrange a free initial consult. If a law firm determines that you could have a basis for a claim, it's possible that notice of claim filing requirements (very short filing deadlines) could be applicable. That's often the case with public roads, bridges, tunnels, etc. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.