Laconia, NH asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Family Law and Child Custody for New Hampshire

Q: mywifes friend was in car accident,kids in car.all ok police found paraphrenalia and siezed car.can they take kids?

she has no recollection ,asnd her ex boyfriend allegedly got a call that dcyf is taking kids one will speak to her.its sunday,happened sat.what can she do?

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Your wife should take immediate steps in response to the complex situation.

If the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) gets involved, she should cooperate fully, answering questions honestly and maintaining politeness.

It's crucial to gather relevant documents, including the police report and DCYF notices, for her lawyer's assessment. In case DCYF considers removing the children, she should have alternative arrangements with trusted relatives or friends. Regarding the situation, if your wife lacks recollection of the incident, exploring potential causes, like substance use or medical issues, is important.

Concerns about paraphernalia and the ex-boyfriend's involvement should be addressed through verification with DCYF, ensuring accurate information is considered in the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.