Ralston, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: How do I dissolve a domestic partnership signed in Texas but reside in Oklahoma just happened to be working on the road.

Just needed to get her on my insurance. Son

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: To dissolve a domestic partnership signed in Texas while you're residing in Oklahoma, you should first review the specific terms of the domestic partnership agreement. It's important to understand the clauses that dictate the dissolution process.

Since the laws governing domestic partnerships can vary between states, it's advisable to consult with an attorney who is knowledgeable about family law in both Texas and Oklahoma. They can provide guidance on the steps necessary to legally dissolve the partnership in a way that is recognized by both states.

Additionally, consider any shared assets or responsibilities, such as insurance benefits, that were a part of your domestic partnership. These may need to be addressed and properly divided or resolved as part of the dissolution process.

Remember, each situation is unique, and legal advice should be tailored to your specific circumstances. An attorney can help ensure that your rights are protected and the dissolution is handled appropriately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.