Asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Kentucky

Q: What can I do about a nurse practitioner prescribing azithromycin for what they thought was a stomach parasite?

My toddler went to visit a Kroger little clinic for a stomach ache and diarrhea that continued past a week. Woke up the next morning with a nose bleed, so we took her to the Emergency, where no one understood why she was prescribed azithromycin.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Where a health care provider

breaches the standard of care

and the breach causes harm, there may be a medical malpractice case.

Medical malpractice means that a health care provider violated the standard of care. A bad outcome is not enough. Another health care provider would be needed to evaluate what the health care provider did.

Due to the nature of medical malpractice cases, the extent of your injuries may effect the viability of your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.