Cullman, AL asked in Divorce and Family Law for Alabama

Q: What to do if spouse throws stuff out,turns off power,etc,evicts kids & I while not following prenup?

Prenup says he will pay housing for us for 3 years if divorced, but refuses and we are now homeless. Final judgment says nothing of prenup .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shane Michael Oncale
Shane Michael Oncale
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: The scenario you presents does not make any sense. If you had an executed prenup it should have most certainly been introduced and been part of any divorce. There are some facts and circumstances missing from what you are saying. I would suggest you consult with an attorney (possibly the attorney who handled your divorce if you trust that person [not sure I would if your prenup was somehow ignored]) to find out your options and what really went on in your case. This is not something someone is going to be able to easily address in this forum without a lot more background information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.