Kenosha, WI asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Illinois

Q: Looking for an experienced chicago attorney to investigate a dcfs case.

The case itself is in Lake county but since a family member is an ex dcfs cop,shes friends with everyone and has worked under the color of law to get custody of my grandchildren by lying and commiting fraud.I need an honest unbiased person outside of lake county to investigate the violation of civil rights in this case.Looking for recommendations.Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In seeking an attorney to investigate a DCFS case in Lake County, Illinois, while avoiding potential conflicts of interest, it's wise to look for legal representation outside the local area. A Chicago-based attorney could provide the necessary distance and impartiality for your case.

You should search for an attorney with experience in family law, child custody, and civil rights. These areas of expertise are crucial for navigating the complexities of your situation, especially given the allegations of fraud and misconduct.

It's important to find someone who understands the intricacies of DCFS cases and has a track record of handling similar situations. You can start by contacting the Illinois State Bar Association for referrals or searching online legal directories that allow you to filter by location and practice area.

When you contact potential attorneys, explain your need for an unbiased investigation into the case. Discuss your concerns about the family member's influence within the local legal system. This will help ensure that the attorney you choose is well-informed and prepared to address your specific needs.

Remember, finding the right attorney may take time, but it's essential for ensuring a thorough and fair investigation into your case. Your grandchildren's welfare and your family's rights are paramount, so taking the time to find the right legal advocate is a crucial step.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.