San Antonio, TX asked in Business Law for Texas

Q: I fired my lawyer in early November. he recently filed for a motion to remove counsel. I submitted a response. What now?

my response was submitted in with the district county clerk. my response stated the day i fired the attorney. I also submitted email screenshots with my response were the attorney is acknowledging that i fired him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Simone Nisbett
Simone Nisbett
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your fired your attorney, it is normal that they would file a motion to withdraw as counsel in turn so that they can make the court and any opposing counsel aware that they are no longer your representative. The next step would be to make sure to communicate with them about the status of any outstanding fees and to hire alternative counsel, unless you will be handling the case pro se (yourself).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.