Asked in Criminal Law for Minnesota

Q: Accused of threatening to shoot someone that is false and a lie but I am no not able to go on the school grounds

My child goes to this school can I go after the school n prove that I never said that

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If you have been falsely accused of making threats and are now restricted from entering the school grounds where your child attends, it is important to address the situation promptly. First, gather any evidence or witnesses that can attest to your innocence and the fact that you did not make any threatening statements. This may include text messages, emails, or statements from individuals who were present during the alleged incident.

Next, communicate with the school administration to present your evidence and explain the false nature of the accusation. Provide any documentation that supports your case and request a meeting to discuss the matter further. It's crucial to maintain a calm and respectful demeanor during these interactions. Additionally, if criminal charges are involved, legal representation becomes even more critical to address the false accusations and seek a resolution.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.