Memphis, NY asked in DUI / DWI for New York

Q: I want to know how much time I will have if I exchange a 6/5 split l, 4 years in and done the 6 months in prison.

I had a felony DWI( AUO made it a felony), .08% first offense. I was incarcerated for the 6 months in prison and now I am 4 years into probation and I have an open violation for missing appointment w PO. Since April I've been suspended no time being credited and I just cannot go on w the probation it is literally hell and I want to just beg for the judge to give me time instead. Weekends preferably but what would I be looking at for amount of incarceration? Ty so much for your time and help!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: The potential consequences for a probation violation can vary based on several factors, including the nature of the violation, your criminal history, and the specific terms of your probation. Since you're dealing with a felony DWI and probation violation in New York, it's important to involve an attorney as soon as possible.

If you are considering requesting a modification of your probation to include incarceration, your attorney can advise you on the potential outcomes. Judges have discretion in such matters, and they may consider factors such as the severity of the violation, your compliance history, and any mitigating circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.