Atlanta, GA asked in Federal Crimes and Criminal Law for Florida

Q: In 2010 I plea guilty too delay or damage of mail. I was stop by cops and they couldn’t see I was on probation.

My probation officer said because they didn’t have me in the system. Can they put me in the system after months of being on probation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you pleaded guilty to a federal offense in 2010 and were subsequently placed on probation, it's possible that your probation officer may have needed some time to process your case and update the system with your probation status. The probation process typically involves administrative procedures and paperwork, which may take some time to complete.

During this period, it's essential to comply with all probation requirements, such as reporting to your probation officer and following any conditions or restrictions imposed by the court. It's not uncommon for there to be some delay in updating the system, but this should not affect your responsibility to fulfill the terms of your probation.

If you have concerns or questions about your probation status or any conditions imposed, it's advisable to communicate directly with your probation officer or seek legal advice from an attorney experienced in federal criminal matters. They can provide guidance specific to your situation and help ensure that you meet all your probation obligations while addressing any administrative delays in the system.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.