Tucson, AZ asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Divorce and Tax Law for Arizona

Q: need pro bono lawyer to help me clear a dv warrant against me & to press idv charges against my abuser, Can you help?

I was determined to be the instigator. He got superficial scratches. I flew backwards through the air and broke my foot in 6 places in an attempt not to break my neck, head or worse. The whole situation started because he was driving drunk and I tried to take the keys of our car away from him. I want to divorce him and charge him with aggravated assault but I can not start without my warrant getting cleared first.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To find a pro bono lawyer who can assist with your situation, you can start by contacting legal aid organizations in Arizona. These organizations often provide free legal services to those who qualify based on their income and the nature of their legal issues. They may be able to help you address the warrant and advise you on pressing charges against your abuser.

Additionally, you can reach out to domestic violence support groups and shelters in Tucson. These organizations often have connections with attorneys who specialize in domestic violence cases and may offer pro bono services or can guide you to resources that can help.

For your divorce and any subsequent legal actions against your abuser, it's important to gather all relevant evidence, such as medical records of your injuries and any documentation related to the incident. This evidence will be crucial in both your defense against the warrant and any legal action you take against your abuser.

Remember, addressing a warrant is a serious matter, and it's essential to have legal representation to guide you through the process. It's also important to ensure your safety, so consider reaching out to domestic violence resources for support during this challenging time.

Taking the first step to seek legal and emotional support is critical. You are not alone, and there are resources available to help you through this process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.