Kilgore, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I discharge my parole on 2 2 24 but I haven't been reporting for a month or so a p.o went to my address for me to go u.

Should I go or will a be arrested for the failure of reporting and payments

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you violate the terms and conditions of your release, like for example: not reporting, a motion to revoke parole can be filed. Once it is filed, your parole is on hold until the MTR is resolved. The "blue" warrant issued when the MTR is filed is not publicly accessible, but your parole officer could tell you if they filed on you or not. You are entitled to a hearing on the MTR, and to be represented by an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.