Indianapolis, IN asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Indiana

Q: Victim of a crime drugged unknowingly charged with crime OWI

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Firstly, gather any evidence or information that supports your claim of being unknowingly drugged. This may include witness statements, medical records, or any other relevant documentation.

Next, contact a criminal defense attorney in Indiana. Provide them with all the details surrounding the incident, including the circumstances leading up to the charge and any evidence of being drugged.

Your attorney will assess the evidence, conduct an investigation, and determine the best defense strategy. In cases where individuals claim to have been drugged involuntarily, a skilled attorney may explore potential defenses related to a lack of intent or control over their actions.

It's important to note that being a victim of a crime, such as involuntary drugging, can significantly impact the legal proceedings. Your attorney will work to build a strong defense, possibly challenging the reliability of the OWI charge given the unique circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.