Gallatin, TN asked in Criminal Law and Collections for Tennessee

Q: I have inquiries regarding lost court cost from 6yrs ago that resulted in a warrant and arrest ans unlawful search

I had paid probation off received my license back and paid 2 traffic tickets in this county and the found this 140 unpaid court cost from 6 yrs ago and issued me a warrant without notifying me that it needed to be paid or anything and they pulled me over for traffic stop ran my name seen I had a warrant I had no knowledge of this and found a gun in my car so I'm not sure how to handle this when clearly the county clerk is at fault and hadnnot notified me what should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Hire an attorney to prepare for a preliminary hearing. If an illegal stop, then a Motion To Suppress may be needed. Be ready to pay off that cost , and all others, at Court. Maybe you can get the new charge dismissed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.