Bloomington, IN asked in Criminal Law, Divorce and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: do I need to change venues from original state to current state?

Spouses really took son out of state of original where minor child was born in resided, have been trying to use the court as a sword rather than shield

separated spouses are in a disillusion and a legal dispute over custody of a minor child, separated spouse has been stalking social media, tracking by putting a device in minor child's diaper bag that was recently found, other party has consistently shown that they wishes to use our son as a pon on social media, cleaning their place of residence, & making their family nearly “worship” our minor child

the minor child has resided in new state for over 1 year

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Venue is proper where the child currently resides.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.