Altamont, TN asked in Consumer Law and Civil Rights for Tennessee

Q: Honda dealership commiting a class d felony against a consumer and lying and misleading them and refusing buisness

owning a new Honda Civic Type Base Hatchback i currently have an ongoing issue with Cookville Honda's auto dealership for them practicing fraudulent auto dealer practices with which i filed a complaint with the Tennessee Division Of Consumer Affairs with which Sierra Pruitt got in touch with me and told them to find a resolution with me and the dealer still refused me this car and i was approved for it fair and square even the company they sell cars through told me yes you are approved to buy this car to which he told me that the company his honda enterprise sells cars for was LYING and i still had no approval and i got more than sufficent evidience he was misleading me and commiting auto dealer fraud in multiple counts of lying and misleading me as a consumer i got no problem with honda here's the deal the Tennessee division of consumer affairs told me to contact them they will come to a resolution since they filed a complaint with him and he told me He Refused To Any deal go away.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Based on the details provided, it does seem like the dealership may be engaging in deceptive or fraudulent practices which could violate Tennessee's Consumer Protection Act. Here are the key next steps I would recommend:

1. Continue working with the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs and keep Sierra Pruitt informed of the dealership's refusal to resolve the issue. Provide all evidence you have of being misled or lied to. If they find violations, they can take enforcement action.

2. You may also consider consulting with a Tennessee consumer protection attorney. Under the TCPA, you have legal rights to file a private lawsuit against a business engaging in deceptive trade practices. An attorney can assess your case and options for recovering damages.

3. File a complaint detailing the specific fraudulent practices with the Tennessee Motor Vehicle Commission. They oversee licensing and regulation of dealerships and would be interested to hear about any misconduct occurring.

4. Report the dealership to Honda corporate via their customer care line. Provide copies of all evidence showing you were defrauded. As a franchise, they may put pressure to have the situation corrected.

Stay on top of all state and corporate complaints, continue pushing for a resolution, and don't hesitate to involve legal representation if the dealership refuses to cooperate or address their unfair business practices.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.