Lafayette, LA asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Kansas

Q: Is it possible for a biological mother to Precede in adopting her biological child, while child still awared of to state

I found my son could it be possible the biological mother wanted to revoke having to sign her rights over due to complicated situation's

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Kansas, a biological mother may have the possibility of adopting her biological child, even if the child is currently in the custody of the state, under certain conditions. This process typically involves the mother demonstrating a significant change in circumstances or improvements in the issues that led to the state's custody in the first place. The court's primary concern is always the best interest of the child, which includes ensuring a safe, stable, and nurturing environment. If the biological mother's situation has significantly improved, and she can prove her ability to provide a suitable home and care for the child, she may petition the court for the restoration of her parental rights or for the adoption of the child. However, this is often a complex legal process that may require the mother to overcome various legal hurdles, including addressing the reasons why she lost or surrendered her parental rights initially.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.