Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Adoption legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Kansas Adoption Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Kansas on
Q: Is it possible for a biological mother to Precede in adopting her biological child, while child still awared of to state

I found my son could it be possible the biological mother wanted to revoke having to sign her rights over due to complicated situation's

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 30, 2024

In Kansas, a biological mother may have the possibility of adopting her biological child, even if the child is currently in the custody of the state, under certain conditions. This process typically involves the mother demonstrating a significant change in circumstances or improvements in the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Education Law and Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: hello, i am 16 years old and i have ran away. how i can continue working at my job and enroll in school?

i turn 17 in november, and am adopted.

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on May 14, 2023

I am very concerned for you. Please seek out the assistance of an agency for at-risk youth or even the department of job and family services. I am assuming since you are still working a job you are within the same community as your parents, You may ask the school and work to change your address... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption for Kansas on
Q: Can I get emancipated after being adopted at the age 19, and currently 22

I was emancipated once before from my biological mother, but soon after I got adopted after by an old foster parent who had always stayed in my life. But over the past few years after being adopted they aren't treating me like family. They are mean and manipulative and I no longer want to be... View More

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Sep 10, 2023

Because you are currently 22, you are already an adult and have all the rights, privileges, duties, and responsibilities that an emancipated minor would have.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.