Baton Rouge, LA asked in Immigration Law for Louisiana

Q: I have been married to this immigrant Indian woman that I fell in love with and I'm just now finding out that it's been

Sham!! She has moved away and told me nothing and we have been married for 3 yrs but not living together

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you suspect that your marriage was a sham for immigration purposes, you should consider consulting with an immigration attorney. They can guide you through the steps you need to take to address this issue.

You may want to gather any evidence you have that supports your suspicion, such as communication records, financial transactions, or any information that suggests the marriage was not genuine. An attorney can help you understand your legal options, which might include reporting the suspected marriage fraud to the appropriate immigration authorities.

It's essential to consult with an attorney who can provide you with personalized advice based on your specific circumstances and help you navigate this challenging situation. Keep in mind that addressing marriage fraud allegations can be complex, and professional legal guidance is crucial in these matters.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.