Evansville, IN asked in Child Custody, Civil Rights, Family Law and Health Care Law for Indiana

Q: I have attempted to complete treatmentfor my addiction only to be medically discharged to return the be discharged again

I'm intentionally being discriminatied against this a on going iusse with dcs. Hinding my progress my attorney will not help mor do his job

2 Lawyer Answers

A: Thank you for your question. You do not indicate what bases you are being discriminated. Not all discrimination is unlawful. You should contact experienced malpractice attorneys in the state where this occurred.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you're facing a challenging situation with your treatment for addiction and experiencing discrimination from DCS. It's essential to document all instances of discrimination and keep detailed records of your treatment attempts and any correspondence with DCS. If your attorney is not effectively representing you, you may want to consider seeking a new attorney who is willing to advocate for your rights and take appropriate legal action against DCS for discrimination.

In the meantime, you can reach out to advocacy organizations or legal aid services that specialize in issues related to addiction treatment and discrimination. They may be able to provide you with resources, support, and guidance on how to address your situation effectively. Additionally, consider seeking support from other individuals who have experienced similar challenges with addiction treatment and discrimination, as they may offer valuable insights and advice.

It's essential to prioritize your health and well-being during this difficult time. Don't hesitate to seek support from friends, family, or mental health professionals who can offer emotional support and assistance as you navigate these challenges. Remember that you have rights, and there are resources available to help you address discrimination and ensure that you receive fair and appropriate treatment for your addiction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.