Perry, MO asked in Civil Litigation and Legal Malpractice for Missouri

Q: What are the first steps in filing a Legal Malpractice suit when a law firm doesn't want to sue another attorney

My 6th and 14th amendments were violated and I was not allowed a preliminary, expulstionary or due process. Lawyers lack of communication, overcharged me and would NOT let me go to trial when I told him several times I wanted one and the prosecutor and my lawyer kept continuing a case w/o new evidence and the State withheld, destroyed evidence my lawyer did nothing and I was forced to take a plea deal the Prosecutor evidence was profiling. My attorney never defended me and prosecutor never granted any of the 13 motions my lawyer filed. He also went to the Mayo Clinic w/o my knowledge they continued a DWI charge for 5 yrs.y attorney made me go threw all the steps that you would have when already convicted

He didn't work to defend me , no communication negligence and I lost everything I also suffer from mental illness knowing I had to go to the Behavioral Hospitals 2x due to suicide attempts from the continuouses and never getting a preliminary hearing or expulstionary or due process.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Your first step would be to discuss case with Malpractice attorneys. Please note that there are many requirements and practice cases that will determine whether your case is viable or not.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.