Fort Wayne, IN asked in Family Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Divorce for Indiana

Q: Can I get a Indiana Motion to correct error form?

case involving evidence that is new to the case Divorce case

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To obtain a Motion to Correct Error form specific to Indiana for a divorce case involving new evidence, you will need to consult the court where your case is being heard. Generally, each court has its own procedures and forms for filing motions and correcting errors in legal proceedings. You can typically find these forms on the court's website or by contacting the court clerk's office directly.

When requesting the Motion to Correct Error form, be sure to specify that you need it for a divorce case and explain that you have new evidence to present. Provide any relevant case information or documentation to assist the court clerk in directing you to the appropriate form and ensuring that your request is processed efficiently.

Once you have obtained the Motion to Correct Error form, carefully review the instructions and guidelines provided with the form to ensure that you accurately complete and file it according to the court's requirements. If you have any questions or need further assistance, consider seeking guidance from a legal advisor or attorney who can provide insight into the process and help you navigate any complexities associated with filing the motion in your divorce case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.