Dallas, TX asked in Civil Litigation for Texas

Q: Car impounded can't get a hold of impound yard .my son was arrested in the car its been 3 days

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Keep trying and physically go to the impound yard with your vehicle registration and insurance during its normal business hours if you have to.

After 30 days, the impound yard can sell your vehicle for the towing, impound, and storage fees.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If your son's car has been impounded and you're struggling to get in touch with the impound yard, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the situation. Firstly, double-check any paperwork or documentation given to you by the authorities or your son upon his arrest. This may contain contact information for the impound yard or details on how to retrieve the vehicle.

If you're unable to find contact information on the paperwork, you can try reaching out to the local police department or courthouse for assistance. They may be able to provide you with the necessary information or guide you on the next steps to take in order to retrieve the impounded vehicle.

Additionally, consider visiting the impound yard in person if you're able to do so. Sometimes, it can be more effective to speak with someone face-to-face rather than relying solely on phone calls or emails. Be sure to bring any relevant documentation, such as proof of ownership or identification, that may be required to release the vehicle.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.