Asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: i have a charge for criminal damage and disorderly conduct x5 i want to k ow what will happen if i plead guilty

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zachary Divelbiss
Zachary Divelbiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Every case is different and since you were charged with 6 criminal misdemeanors, I strongly recommend that you hire a private lawyer to defend you. If you only had one charge, then that might be a different situation where online advice could be helpful.

That being said, here is what I can tell you. Each of these charges are Class 1 Misdemeanors. The maximum punishment you can get is 6 months of jail (180 days) for each charge. Will that happen, not likely. The maximum punishment is rare. What is more common is that you are likely looking at between 1-10 days of jail depending on the circumstances with all your charges. If what happened was on the lower end of seriousness then you might not have any jail but could get unsupervised probation. Restitution is very common since you have a criminal damage charge. Restitution is basically a way to make you pay money to any victims if there was something damaged. The court could also add in their own fines and fees up to $2,500. Not likely to ever be that high but more like a couple hundred. In some situations, you could also be required to do mandatory counseling for anger management, substance use, etc.

Again, you really need a law firm to give you a free consultation at minimum but hiring a law firm is ideally what you need with all these charges. Some law firms do payment plans and offer financing, which is better than just pleading guilty when you could get a much better outcome with a law firm on your side.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.