Orlando, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: I own a Florida mobile home along with a roommate. The title is joined by, "and." Previously, the title was joined by, "

or." I took his name off the title. Then, he and I got a new title joined by, "and."

All transactions were perfectly legal.

He is threatening to sue me because he claims I did something illegal (what?; I do not know), and he is claiming that, since his mother bought the mobile home originally (I have paid 100% of the lot rent for five years we have lived here), a court will order me to let him buy my half interest, and he the court will evict me. However, I do not have a contract with my roommate. My roommate and I both have the park lease.

Do my roommate's claims and threats have any probable amount of validity, as far as you can tell?

Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: There's no way to tell in an online forum. You would need to take a copy of the title, the lease and any other documents you have evidencing an agreement or payments you made to a lawyer to review.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.